…with a cup of your favorite beverage. Starcat’s Favorites is back! Even through the busy times and the grief, I’ve been reading and gathering links. Reading is my lifelong refuge, my favorite comfort food, my natural state of being.
The last time I shared favorites was in late August, so I have a lot of links for you today! I’ve pored through them and uncovered the best-of-the-best. As an added treat for my fellow bookworms, I’ve added a list, below, of the books I’ve read since then, just for fun.
Curl up and enjoy.
All of us want our work to have a profound affect on others. Sometimes it comes full circle.
My entire autumn, as you know, was profoundly affected by the death of a dear friend. She died of cancer. Here’s the chance to be there for a family who is struggling with medical costs from cancer. It sounds like he has a great chance of recovery. Let’s help them out.
Cat lovers: this is SO adorable! And I’m personally featured in number 9!
Enrealment instead of enlightenment. Love it! Much wisdom there.
This is just so cool.
Here’s a fantastic article on education. The title may sound extreme, but I don’t think so. There is so much change going on in this area right now, and exciting research.
Myths as road maps to transcendent experiences. Yes indeed!
A book review: “What is the ONE thing I would still do, if I was the last person left on earth?”
This is an excellent attempt at explaining the Mysteries…
This is my favorite link of all the favorites.
For the unschoolers (and those curious), Leo Babauta of zenhabits has started an unschooling blog. He’s an excellent thinker and writer. Here’s an especially good post. And from a different blog, here’s a good article on kids and screen time. I warned you there were a lot of links today!
Books I’ve enjoyed this autumn:
- Hacking Your Education by Dale J. Stephens
- Real Lives: Eleven Teenagers Who Don’t Go to School ed. by Grace Llewellyn
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
- The Art of Uncertainty: How to Live in the Mystery of Life and Love It by Dennis Merritt Jones
- Fortress in the Eye of Time by C.J. Cherryh
- The Identity Code: The 8 Essential Questions for Finding Your Purpose and Place in the World by Larry Ackerman
- Green Witchcraft: Folk Magic, Fairy Lore & Herb Craft by Ann Moura