Here are the results of my recent introspection and contemplation – my personal goals for the coming year. I first made a list of the many things I want to do and study this year, then gradually organized them into categories. Each of the sections also has a list of more specific ideas and intentions, which I haven’t included here but have typed up for my own use. I plan to blog about the items on that list as time goes by and I experience each of them. So, my goals for 2010:
1. Expressing creativity. I express and share my creativity through writing, art and music. The books I write and co-write are published successfully. I continue to learn and practice drumming. I playfully express my imagination through a variety of art projects.
2. Exploring spirituality. I explore my personal spirituality, both on my own and in community. I participate in Pagan circles, study groups and workshops. I continue to study and practice yoga, meditation, Tarot, and magick. I am learning to love myself more.
3. Connecting with nature. I enhance my connection with the Earth. I am expanding my exploration of gardening, herbs, green living, and local foods. I do more walking and hiking, whatever the weather. I travel to places on the planet where I’ve never before been.
4. Giving back. I volunteer my time to help my community. I offer my services as a teacher and healer. I share my knowledge and wisdom with kids and adults who are interested.
5. Allowing abundance. I am increasing my prosperity and material security. I receive monetary compensation for my writing. I am increasing my family’s sources of passive income.
These are wonderful!
May I suggest that it is a useful bit of magick to write them in the present tense though, so that when you read them (at least daily) you are reinforcing the behaviour in your subconscious. ie:
“4. Giving back. I volunteer my time to help my community. I offer my services as a teacher and healer. I share my knowledge and wisdom with kids and adults who are interested.”
This way your yearly Goals become positive Daily Affirmations of states of being you are engaged in NOW instead a state of being that you want to achieve.
Excellent idea, Michael. Thanks! *revising and editing*
Pingback: Starcat's Corner | Teaching the Elements