Starcat’s Favorites: Creative Abundance

Have I mentioned how much I love this time of year? The gardens, yards, and farms are all abundant with fruits, veggies, and flowers. My creativity, too, is in abundance mode. While being busy with presentations and performances at various … Continue reading

Banishing the March Blues

It seems like every year around this time I go through some kind of emotional struggle, or even a physical illness. It’s an old familiar pattern. Even when I start the year off with exciting goals and intentions, March is … Continue reading

Finding Joy Where You Are

It’s been a hectic and crazy autumn thus far. I wasn’t sure I was coping very well. Between grieving and stress and hormones and lack of down time, I wasn’t in the joyful space where I wanted to be. Then … Continue reading

Starcat’s Favorites: Surviving To Thriving

Do you ever feel like you’re going through your days just sort of surviving? Going from one thing to another, solving problems, dealing with what’s in front of you…but feeling like you’re not really getting anything done. I mean, the things … Continue reading

An Autumnal Equinox Remembrance

Blessings of Autumn to you! Or perhaps Spring, if you’re in the Southern Hemisphere. Either way, it is a time of seasonal change, with all the transformation it brings. The Fall Equinox is also known as Mabon, a harvest festival … Continue reading

Summer Solstice and PortCon

What have I been up to lately? Quite the whirlwind of a weekend! Summer is here and we were busy welcoming it and celebrating, creating, and performing. The main event of the weekend was, of course, the Summer Solstice! We … Continue reading

Why Are These Kids So Happy?

I love enjoying places where families on the free-learning path can meet one another, give and receive support, and share in the fun.  I want to foster those spaces everywhere, and hang out with my tribe. Not just unschoolers, either, … Continue reading