Summer Solstice and PortCon

What have I been up to lately? Quite the whirlwind of a weekend! Summer is here and we were busy welcoming it and celebrating, creating, and performing. The main event of the weekend was, of course, the Summer Solstice! We … Continue reading

Why Are These Kids So Happy?

I love enjoying places where families on the free-learning path can meet one another, give and receive support, and share in the fun.  I want to foster those spaces everywhere, and hang out with my tribe. Not just unschoolers, either, … Continue reading

Life and Other Necessities

Ever have one of those weeks when you feel like you didn’t accomplish anything? Here I am on a Friday night, looking at my ever-growing to-do list and wondering what I actually did these past five days. I gave it … Continue reading

Fun With Busking

This afternoon BlackLion, ElvenTiger and I did some busking in Portland (Maine). If you’re not sure what busking means, essentially it’s a street performance done for donations. In this case, we were there to help out some friends who are … Continue reading

My Kids Are Getting Old

Last week I attended a meeting of our homeschool co-op, to plan our future space and activities. I almost didn’t go, as I’m not sure whether we’re going back in the fall or not. ElvenTiger turned 15 this winter, and … Continue reading

Starcat’s Favorites: Fruits of Hibernation

Happy weekend all! Yes, it’s still pretty darn cold. So yes, I’m still in hibernation mode. But it’s been a very productive quiet season thus far. The most exciting thing I have to share is that BlackLion and I have … Continue reading

Aspirations or Inspirations?

Usually at this time of year, I start feeling motivated and excited to charge right into the new year. Last year I switched things up a bit, and decided to focus on intentions rather than goals. Still, I think the … Continue reading