It seems strange to be posting here twice this week, after a long blogging dry spell. I think it’s because my third book is super close to done, and now I have more space for sharing. I’ve been working on it for several months now, and it’s been an idea that was a few years in the making. I’ve been doing a daily spiritual practice for nearly 20 years now (holy cats, time flies!) and I wanted to share how to do it. How to release stress and add more peace to your life. How to find the time, motivation, and energy to focus inward, even in the midst of very full days. How to practice even when you’re not feeling it, and reap the benefits. What to practice, how to learn more, how to garner support.
After a long labor, Centered In Spirit: Crafting Your Daily Practice is almost ready to share! I’m very excited! I have just a few more paragraphs to write, then I move on to editing and organizing the Resources section. After that it gets handed off to BlackLion for more editing then formatting. Next week we’ll be doing the photo shoot for the cover, with our beloved G.E. Nelson Photography. I’m so excited about that!
Here are some of the things that help me when I’m in my intensive writing phase.
- Lentil stew, fruit smoothies, steamed broccoli, and other healthy foods.
- Walks in the woods – although now that it’s November, which is hunting season, we need to wait until Sunday, when there are no hunters. I especially like hugging some of my favorite trees. Yeah, I know, a bit cliche. But it feels great!
- Swimming in the solar-powered pool at the local fitness center. I received a membership as a thank you from some dear friends for officiating at their wedding this autumn. I love it! It’s good exercise and I also get my mermaid time even when it’s cold out.
- Reading. Something lyrical, a good story, something to distract my surface mind and allow me to ponder about the next part of my own book in the background.
- And of course, last but not least, my daily spiritual practice. Which involves meditation, affirmations, and gratitude. Ahhhh…..
I’m so thankful that I get to do my creative work on a regular basis. I can’t wait to share book three with you! Thanks so much for reading my blog. I really appreciate you. There’s no need for books without readers, and I’m happy to finally offer this particular book on spiritual practice. So many people have asked me about how I do it, and it’s such a foundational part of my life now, that it’s no wonder it’s taken a lot of focus to write about it. Thanks for your ongoing support!
In the meantime, what would you like to read about on this blog? Do you have any questions for me about personal spirituality, creativity, daily practice, unschooling, or self-love? Or any of a myriad of topics – what’s on your mind? Chime in down below in the comments. I’d love to hear from you!
Have a joyful day!