So, WordPress tells me that this is my 600th post on this blog! Wow. I started it in 2006, so that means I’ve posted 75 times each year (on average), and 1.5 times per week (again, as an average). That’s pretty neat.
I very much enjoy blogging. I started out doing it as a way to get myself to write more often, and to share those writings with a wider audience. So far, so good. I write much more than I did back then – ditching the full-time day job helped – and I’ve now had 2 books published! With many more in the works.
Blogging really affords the opportunity to be myself and write about all the varying interests I enjoy. That’s probably not a biz-savvy way to present yourself, but I don’t care. I’m writing about what I love and what occurs to me, and I know the people who share those interests will be drawn to it (that’s you!).
So, darling reader, if you’re reading this, and do so on a regular basis, you probably enjoy my writings. Either that or you’re being masochistic, and let’s not go with that. Perhaps you’d like to dive in deeper. So, what exactly do I have in the works? Here’s the current list. I’m a Virgo, so I love lists. Bear with me.
- The Door Is the Key: A Modern Faerie Tale is the novel that BlackLion and I drafted back in November. We’re working on the revisions, and I’m thinking it will be available in the fall.
- Simple Stir-Fry and Stovetop Suppers. This is a vegetarian cookbook that BlackLion and I are working on. We have lots of yummy recipes that are being readied for publication. There will be gluten free options and we’ll suggest lots of healthy pantry items and ways to use local foods. Yum!
- The next NaNo novel. I’m going out on my own this November and drafting my first solo full-length fiction. I think it’s gonna be a paranormal thriller. Let’s just say it will involve some dark magic, a variety troupe, big cats, and casino gambling. That’s all I can share for now.
- The Heart of the Goddess. This book is inspired by the spirit of my friend Jenn, who passed away last fall. Right now it looks like it will involve stories of people in modern culture who have had direct experiences with the Divine Feminine. Intrigued? I am! This one is emerging as it sees fit, and will likely evolve as the concept is unveiled to me.
- Establishing and Maintaining a Daily Spiritual Practice. That’s a rather boring working title, but the text is already partially written and is coming along great, if I do say so myself.
I guess that’s enough for now. I’m lucky and blessed with lots of ideas and creative inspiration, so this is very subject to change as the mood strikes and the muse moves me.
I’m also open to sharing about topics that readers are curious about. Have questions or requests? Let me know in the comments!