Happy Thanksgiving, to those of you celebrating today. It’s a lovely practice to be thankful for blessings every day. I also enjoy having a national holiday when many people are focused on gratitude. Here’s what I’m thankful for today:
– My family and friends. They’re a wonderful group of fun, quirky, smart, creative and crazy-in-a-good-way people. They like me even though I’m weird.
– My kids. I’m so glad I helped them into the world! There was a time when I thought I didn’t want any kids. I’m thankful that I changed my mind. I’m learning so much from them, and we have lots of fun together.
– The kittens! And Star-dog! Our four-legged companions really light up our days. Both of the kitten boys are snuggled up on the bed right now, being thankful the dogs who were visiting us today have gone home.
– Community. I’m blessed with a vibrant community (both in person and online). You are all so friendly and creative. I’m honored to be a part of it. Seriously. Keep up the good work!
– My home. I love this place! We are in a cozy house, surrounded by gardens, fields and woods. There are many books here to enjoy, and it’s warm and comfortable. Our well-loved furniture and the artwork by friends, augmented with candles and faery lights, make it a great place to gather.
– Good food. We had a delicious feast today, and the fridge is stuffed full of leftovers. Our menu? Homemade seitan and veggie gravy, stuffing, squash, smashed potatoes, broccoli, garlic monkey bread (yeah, really – no monkeys were harmed!), veggies and dip, 3 kinds of cranberry sauce, stuffed mushrooms, sweet potato & apple bisque, miso soup, slimy onions (a family recipe that tastes much better than it sounds), and olives. Dessert was apple crisp, pumpkin pie, apple pie, pear pudding and yummy potato fudge (sort of like needhams). Wow!
– Did I mention books? I’m so thankful for them! (I just updated the “what I’m reading” section over on the side-bar :)
– I’m thankful that I got to know Mystick during his brief lifetime. I’m sad that he left so soon, but I’m very very grateful that he was with me at all. He was a beautiful cat, and I hope he’s off somewhere in the spirit realm having marvelous adventures.
– The readers of this blog (and my other writings). You guys rock! Thanks so much for reading what I have to say.