I’ve noticed the shift of energy with the new calendar year (welcome, 2008!). It’s taking me a while to adjust to it, but now I seem to be settling into the groove.
While I don’t do “resolutions” per se, I do have some big and exciting goals that I’m focusing on this year. Here’s my list:
1. Writing! I will be a published co-author of at least two books this year. They are a vegan pagan cookbook, and “The Book of Ing.” I’ll also continue to write articles and personal journal entries, and of course websites. I’ll have more time to devote to it, thanks to:
2. Career change! Quester and I are going to trade roles this year. I’ll be the primary at-home parent, and he’ll be the primary breadwinner. I’m looking forward to unschooling with the kids, and doing my writing from home on my own schedule. BlackLion’s new schedule will allow us to have more time to write together, too.
3. Heart resonance. I’m reading a wonderful book that’s changing and inspiring my emotional life. (It’s called The HeartMath Solution, by Doc Childre and Howard Martin, and I very highly recommend it). I’m practicing the exercises, and integrating them so that I can access my heart’s wisdom all the time.
4. Healthy eating. I’m not a strict vegan, and during the holidays my standards tend to slip, as I share meals with non-vegans/non-vegetarians and indulge in sweets more often. The dairy and eggs sort of creep in there. Now I’m back to my usual vegan diet, and am cutting back on the sugars too.
5. Yoga. For some reason, 2007 wasn’t the year for me to do much yoga (after the previous two years, where I did it very regularly). I feel good when I do my yoga. So why wouldn’t I do it more? I will!